Ads 468x60px

Saturday, November 19, 2011

iPhone 4S: Worth The Hype?


iPhone 4S; Worth The Hype?
Here’s your answer.

A couple of weeks back, when the release of the iPhone 4S was first announced, I decided that I was going to buy it. Everyone seemed to be a little bit disappointed about the fact that there was no iPhone 5, but there still seemed to be a lot of hype about this new phone.
It soon became clear to me that I was going to have to get out of the house early if I was going to want to secure one for myself. So, on the day of the big launch, I found myself out of bed at 5.30am and ready to go and queue up. Bizarrely, there were 24 people already queueing, some of whom had been there since the early hours of the morning.
But why? Was this phone really worth the hype surrounding it?
The short answer is yes. My Dad owns the iPhone 4, and this allowed me to compare them directly. Although aesthetically there might not be very different, the differences when you open up the software is clear to see. I have never used a phone which is so fast, and it can load internet pages in a matter of seconds. Safari allows you to open multiple pages at once, and I find that you can have upwards of ten without having a problem with speed. I doubt that there is any other phone for which this would be the case.

The camera is sharp and when loaded onto a computer, the photographs have a kind of quality that you might expect from a professional digital camera. Not only this, but the display of the phone itself is stunning; not a single pixel can be seen.
The voice recognition software is fantastic. If it doesn’t have the answer that you’re looking for, it automatically opens a search page on the internet which will take a look for you, so you’re sure to find the answer.
Overall: if you haven’t managed to get your hands on one of these beauties yet I would fully recommend them. Totally worth the hype, and another triumph from Apple.


Source: Computer Sight

No comments:

Post a Comment